Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

Questions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OmegaUltraus,

I have finished the stay in miror plan for the sculpting tool (move normal only, do you think it is needed for the other mode?). The sculpting tool is now using a cheap version of the undo, allowing to work on much bigger mesh without consuming too much memory. I also finish the new draw on mesh tool (a video will come soon) .
I think I will post a new beta in the coming days.
How the tutorial is going on?
Can I ashed what is the game project you joined ?

pierre
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the video of the stick tool:
Stick Tool (mov, 12.75 Mo).

If anybody have a better name for it... let me know.

pierre

Last edited by craouette on Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
TheWraith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that pierre.
OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Tutorial And Game Reply with quote

I don't know if the tutorial I am making is greatly anticipated but it is in the developement of being made. I have been working with one of my friends that does know how to draw yet, does not know how to 3d model. At first my tutorial was just going to be an easy method on making a model. Yet, the models would have proven very, very, very, very (,very, very lol) unuseful for animation. So the models looked good and took a short amount of time to make, but crumbled under animation. Then I started looking at a lot of box modeling methods. One was where you get one polygon and shape it, the began extruding the outline, while tweaking during every extrusion. This method proved to be useless, because you would spend more time on trying to control the shape when it came to structure of the jaw, chin, and closure of the model. So, after a whole lot of tutorials and studying, I finally found an easy useful method. I made so many head models, I didn't bother sending them to you Pierre, because most were trial and error, testing different styles, improving on other methods. I believe the method I developed now will prove very useful for making model very fast, fully utilizing the sculpting tool, good for animations, and subdivision. I can make a low polygon head under 7 minutes ( this is not under estimation, I actually timed myself without any concept art to model off of) and I'm able to make a very impresive high poly in 16 minutes ( without any concept art). I'm now going to start putting my tutorial on the computer. I would like to give special thanks to my friend Andrew for cooperating with my tutorials and giving me feedback on what was easy and useful for him and what wasn't. I should have the tutorial on the computer at the end or early start of next week. After this tutorial I will be making one on texturing. I believe that you will see a big improvement of my models now Pierre!

Also, the game that was previously being developed is now put on off for a while. The developer is finishing another game with another developer and team. So at the moment I am making a game of my own which will be called Ultras of Domination. I have the story line and feature list for the game. After this tutorial I will work on a few models and program on the game. I will accept any help if any one wants to help. I am making this game on my own at the moment. This task would be very difficult for me if it wasn't for 3D Game Studio, which makes the process a whole lot easier. Just to say this game could make a good MMOARPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Action Role Playing Game), but I don't know how to program a server, nor online capabilities for that matter. So I am making this game a simulated MMOARPG with AI characters running around an fighting.
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Tutorial And Game Reply with quote

OmegaUltraus wrote:
I don't know if the tutorial I am making is greatly anticipated but it is in the developement of being made.

Yes it is. good news.

OmegaUltraus wrote:
I believe the method I developed now will prove very useful for making model very fast, fully utilizing the sculpting tool, good for animations, and subdivision. I can make a low polygon head under 7 minutes ( this is not under estimation, I actually timed myself without any concept art to model off of) and I'm able to make a very impresive high poly in 16 minutes ( without any concept art).

Can't you make a video of the low and high poly modeling ?

OmegaUltraus wrote:
After this tutorial I will be making one on texturing. I believe that you will see a big improvement of my models now Pierre!

ha cool one. I'm working on the uv part, and you will have the 3D draw tool soon.

OmegaUltraus wrote:
So at the moment I am making a game of my own which will be called Ultras of Domination. I have the story line and feature list for the game. After this tutorial I will work on a few models and program on the game. I will accept any help if any one wants to help. I am making this game on my own at the moment. This task would be very difficult for me if it wasn't for 3D Game Studio, which makes the process a whole lot easier. Just to say this game could make a good MMOARPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Action Role Playing Game), but I don't know how to program a server, nor online capabilities for that matter. So I am making this game a simulated MMOARPG with AI characters running around an fighting.

Good luck, it is a lot, lot, lot of work.

pierre
OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Video Tutorial Reply with quote

Since you requested it, I will make a video tutorial in the future, but right now I'm going to take some time to work on the game I'm making. Also, I'm done with the tutorial, but I'll upload it tomorrow. I pulled an all-night'er trying to finish the tutorial (and I did). Now I just have to transferr the data to this computer. So, till next time I get on, see ya.
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is, THE tutorial from OmegaUltros online:
http://www.ppmodeler.com/ppmodeler/tutorial/Box_Modeling_Method.htm

craouette
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OmegaUltraus,

Your tutorial had a lot of success!! congratulation.
How you game is coming ?
Do you still use ppModeler ?

I am working on the 3D paint tool. will be ready in the coming days.
The stick to mesh for sculpting tool is ready. I aslo addeed a smooth on normal scultping mode.
I was trying to add hair to my model, but the process is painfully slow. I'm thinking of creating another tool, something like the curve extrude but for edges. I have to think a little bit about it in order to make it powerfull and easy to use. Any idea ? comments ?requirements ?

pierre
OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your tutorial had a lot of success!! congratulation.

Wow... thanks!!!

Quote:
How you game is coming ?

For my game I am still in the pre-development stages. I'm still drawing sketches of characters and backgrounds. I already made the story and features.
Yet, there is a game developement team that would like my assistance. I will just join up with them after I do a few things to contribute to PPModeler. While helping them I won't quit contributing to PPModeler, but the contibutes would be more rare.

Quote:
Do you still use ppModeler ?

Are you kidding me!!? Lol.. I use this every time I make any model which is quite often. Yet, I have to admitt, I export some of the models I make in PPModeler to other formats to texture and render in. Tomorrow I'll send you a render of what I did with the mech I made.

Quote:
I am working on the 3D paint tool. will be ready in the coming days.
The stick to mesh for sculpting tool is ready. I aslo addeed a smooth on normal scultping mode.
I was trying to add hair to my model, but the process is painfully slow. I'm thinking of creating another tool, something like the curve extrude but for edges. I have to think a little bit about it in order to make it powerfull and easy to use. Any idea ? comments ?requirements ?

I can't wait to see what the paint tool may be like.
How does the stick to mesh for sculpting tool work?
An curve edge extrude would be great for modeling hair ( I wouldn't have any complaints about that). I remember reading a 3DS Max tutorial before where an edge extrude was used for making hair. I played Around with a few models and mad my hair by selecting alot of faces and then clicked add small (Face), so all the faces wouldn't extrude together when I used (Face) curve extrude. I think curve edge extrude would provide a similar good result yet cut down on the poly count (which is a good thing for me).
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here it is:
the new paint tool

Waiting for your comments....

And one question, why are you not using the uv editor of ppModeler ?
Too slow ? too crappy ? Too few tools ?

craouette
OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: UV Edit Reply with quote

Sorry for my late response. I haven't been on the internet as much every since I got my new computer with no internet connections. Yet, every time I get on I check this forum, which is like 4 times a week.
(Now since that is out of the way.)

I downloaded UV Edit once before and it did seem very out-dated to me. Every since then I really never checked for a newer version. That is if there are more updated releases.

Also, I just downloaded the new beta version of this program, so I be back soon with my response ( I can't wait to see).
Coty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I remove the old install first?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not necessary.
The only problem that can happen is an old script undeleted.
ppModeler will report compliation problem at start-up, delete the faulted script then.

craouette
OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: New Beta Features Reply with quote

All I can say is WOW! In the new beta I am able to easy add more detail and easily texture the models I make. So far, this is looking very good! Plus, I'm also able to export the model and texture and easily load it up in another program such as Cinema 4D. Just to say, this is practically it for me. This has practically all the features I want such as Sculpting, Knife, Stick, 3D Paint, and Curve Extrude. Congratulations Pierre and thanks for making such a great 3D Modeler.
TheWraith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you can make the learning easy like nendo 3d modeler

http://www.izware.com/nendo/index.htm

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Progress All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: