Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

How to boolean

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkScythe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: How to boolean Reply with quote

I can't find the boolean and don't know how to do it, I want to drill a hole on a surface.

Thanks
Dimitri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkscythe hello... There are no boolean operations in A3D but you may do the thing you want to do easily by using the brigde tool... Just imagine that you have a cube... you go to 'faces' mode and you select a face on the top of it and a face on the bottom of it... that's to say two faces looking each other... Then you go to tool bar and you click on 'add small'... you will see that inside the selected faces there will be added a smaller face... then you just click, in the tools, 'bridge'... and, there, you will see a whole in the cube... if you give a subdivision to cube also it will become a torus... So you will understand the way of making holes in objects by not using necessarily booleans... The booleans are good but they may produce mesh inconsistencies in many cases... By using this 'bridge' like methods you may have very clean cut meshes as results... Wink Smile
DarkScythe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answer, I know the process of creating hole for modelling without using boolean I just want to add some quick hole to. but thanks for the tips
an also now I know theres no boolean.

thanks
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the booleans, I am currently looking at some external libraries:
Carve
CSGLib

But yes, for the moment, nothing allows to to so in A3D.

Craouette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> How To All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: