Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

Question & Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Features Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think a brush-like-function to move verts is useful when modeling with Poly's?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Only On High Resolution Models!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Question & Request Reply with quote

Question
New modeling tools: extrude a face along a spline, split and connect edges, better bevel edges, cut tool, draw polygon on mesh, bridge between 2 faces...

Just wondering if you could tell me in detail what this function does.
(If it's what I think it is, it may seem pretty neat and useful.)

Request
I would like to see a sculpting type function. A tool that is simply a X(and, or Y,Z) vertex displacer, wich uses the displacement mapping technique to edit the topology in X(and, or Y,Z) layer. Also allowing true displacement to be modeled like a piece of clay. It's much like the move function ("re-invented," so to say) yet, more intuitive! It works like a brush, lifting and pushing in verts on a given (single or multiple) axis to define the contour of a shape. Along with allowing you to set the displacement distance numericly each time you brush over the verts.

Just wondering...is this to much to ask for, such as being difficult to program.
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OmegaUltraus,

welcome on board....

This tool is in my todo list....
It is not difficult to implement, as I already implement the weight painting.
I will do it soon.

For the draw on poly, it is an old tool that allows the user to draw edges on a polygon. This tool will diseaper soon. It is not very usefull, and not stable.
I will replace it with a cut tool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Features Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: