Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

Creatue Face

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Finished Work / Work In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Creatue Face Reply with quote

OmegaUltraus sent me this two pictures:

Here what he said:
"Every thing was completely made in PPM. With the knife tool I find it a lot easier to add detail. Which I find myself spending most of my time adding detail in the Vertex Tab (which isn't a bad thing at all).
Just to say I don't know what features you're going to add after this, but just to say I'm completely satisfied and ready to make a game using ONLY this modeler as the modeling tool."
Rendered in C4D.

Craouette
Coty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many polys?

For a game, you need a small amount.

Make that little picture a wireframe so we can see the polys.

Nice job though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Model Reply with quote

When this model is reduced to it's simplest form, it has 152 faces. Yet, right now, with its current subdivision, it has 4656 faces/polys. Which I know that games use a low poly count. Just to say, the poly count for games have made a dramatic increase from to years ago. Now at the current processing speed of computers the poly count in games use to be 2000, now it can be 5000 and do just fine. I would advise a poly count of 2000 or less if you want to make an action game with alot of elements. 5000 or even 6000 polys could be ok for a slow paced survival horror type game with alot of sprites as background.

P.S.
Just a little extra information! Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness main character has about 5000 polys. Which is a bad thing at times sinces the game has to many elements at certain parts of the game which can cause unwanted lag-time. Yet, theres a game called Kill Zone ( I believe, if I got the name right) which uses high poly characters in the game, which could be relatively bad for an action with so many elements. Which I read that they developed a coding for their engine, to where the further an element is from you, the less geometry it uses and vice-versa. Which really side steps the high poly rule. This proves that in the end when making a game, bounderies are made to be broken.
TheWraith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one Smile

i wish modeling came easy to me Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Finished Work / Work In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: