Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

DirectX Export, Rendering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: DirectX Export, Rendering Reply with quote

Just tried out the directx export and having some difficulties. The mesh exports but the textures don't show when viewed with Deep Exploration. The two textures were exported to the directory with a .bmp suffix but apparently not assigned.

I have Povray 3.5 installed and able to render OK. I tried Virtual Light as well OK. However if I render with POV then try to render the same scene with Virtual Light =>No output. (Program not starting)- the reverse holds true

Request. - Having textured an object with UV projector when the object is viewed in the 3d window with textures enabled the object appears white with the texture only showing in one corner. Am I doing something wrong?

Should have mentioned this at the top that I think ppmodeler looks, works well and could be a valuable asset especially for low poly modelling.

Thanks
Matthew
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DirectX Export, Rendering Reply with quote

matty47 wrote:
Just tried out the directx export and having some difficulties. The mesh exports but the textures don't show when viewed with Deep Exploration. The two textures were exported to the directory with a .bmp suffix but apparently not assigned.

I will have a check at it.
The directx export is a script, so it can be enhance as needed...

matty47 wrote:
I have Povray 3.5 installed and able to render OK. I tried Virtual Light as well OK. However if I render with POV then try to render the same scene with Virtual Light =>No output. (Program not starting)- the reverse holds true

I will try and correct this. thans for the report.

matty47 wrote:

Request. - Having textured an object with UV projector when the object is viewed in the 3d window with textures enabled the object appears white with the texture only showing in one corner. Am I doing something wrong?

can you post a screenshot so I can see what is going on ?

pierre
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked for the POV/VirtualLight problems...
I don't have it. But I updated the rendering scripts in the latest version,
because there was a bug in the VL script.
Can you download the latest beta and try again ?

pierre

Last edited by craouette on Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Texture View Reply with quote

Thanks. I will try the latest beta. Hope this picture shows

The lower box has a texture projector added with a jpg texture assigned to the whole mesh. Note that only one face shows textured while the rest of the mesh shows white. On the upper box the upper two faces have one projector applied with one texture however only one face shows textured. The lower faces each have a texture projector with different textures - both showing. Just wondering if this is how you designed the program.
Using ATI Radeon 9600SE - Athlon 2600+ - Windows 2000
( Just a side query - Are you still developing the Linux Version? - hope so :))
Thanks once again
Matthew
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem yesterday. will post a new beta later today or tomorrow.
for, linux, yes, I will.
I want to finish the beta for windows before starting the linux, BeOS/Zeta, and MacOS versions.

pierre
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty4,

I have just uploaded a new beta which correct the texture problem.
sorry for the inconvinient.
can you have a look ?
I can't reproduce the POV/VL problem. can you check ?
if the problem still there, can you send me your scene file (.3de) ?
For the DX export, you talked about Deep Exploration. Is it somethink I can get somewhere to test the generated .x files ?

pierre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi .
Please don't be sorry. Obviously you have put a lot of work into the program. Wish I were half as smart.
Anyway the texture problem seems fixed. I haven't been able to reproduce the POV/Virtual Light problem again. I did reinstall PPModeler -maybe that fixed it.
I tried the character tutorial but ran across another problem (oh no!). When defining the view along the x axis the z axis is vertical yaxis horizontal. However when defing the view along the y axis the z axis is horizontal and the x axis is vertical.

I was having trouble working with bones trying to add them but they appeared offset to the manipulator even when I manually set the coordinates of the end points. This may be related to the above??
Selecting a mesh is OK but when you left click on an empty area of the screen the mesh does not deselect. I can deslelect by doing a rectangle select on an empty area of the screen or by choosing deselect all in the control panel but would be nice just to click on an empty area of screen.
I am still getting my head around how some of the functions work. eg 2d Curves. These seem to be only available as a sub function of some other creation function such as tube. Have I missed something.
I will plod on.
Again thanks very much
Matthew
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty47 wrote:

I tried the character tutorial but ran across another problem (oh no!). When defining the view along the x axis the z axis is vertical yaxis horizontal. However when defing the view along the y axis the z axis is horizontal and the x axis is vertical.

Yes, your right, the Z axis should be horizontal when possible. I will fixe this.
Use the the 'q'/'Q' keys to rotate the view by 90 degrees.

matty47 wrote:

I was having trouble working with bones trying to add them but they appeared offset to the manipulator even when I manually set the coordinates of the end points. This may be related to the above??

I don't think so. I'm not sure to understand what you mean...
There are 2 manipulators for each bones (the start and the end of the selected bone), maybe it is what is confusing.

matty47 wrote:

Selecting a mesh is OK but when you left click on an empty area of the screen the mesh does not deselect. I can deslelect by doing a rectangle select on an empty area of the screen or by choosing deselect all in the control panel but would be nice just to click on an empty area of screen.

There is no point in deselecting everything, no ?

matty47 wrote:

I am still getting my head around how some of the functions work. eg 2d Curves. These seem to be only available as a sub function of some other creation function such as tube. Have I missed something.

No you haven't. Maybe I will fixe this one day, but not now. You can only create curve for a purpose. But in the mesh toolbox, there is an edit tool, where you can edit the used curves.

And about Deep Explorer ?

pierre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Deep Exploration was a demo I found on an old magazine cover CD. The program is a viewer for various 3D formats. The fullversion is expensive and distributed by Right Hemisphere. I also had an .x mesh viewer (freeware I think) somewhere. I will try to find it for you.
Matthew
RTbaild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: - Reply with quote

Theres a bug in the other renderer.

1 only 1 light works because if you put two lights both will cast shadow even if you
turn of no shadow

2 anti aliasing doesnt work still crisp

render have tried: Sunflow & POV ray

The object export works but it doesnt generate a texture, only export the .obj file and the mtl file when you try opening it in other apps it is looking for the texture example: grass.jpg and it cannot find it because no texture have been generated.

Thanks
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which renderer are you talking about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: