Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

tesselate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foff44

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: tesselate Reply with quote

I am trying to tessellate a cube, I am following a tutorial at Geekatplay to make a sci fi city, I have been tinkering in Hexagon with the tutorial and am getting there, but thought I would try it in Albatross (so I can learn the programme) in the video I need to tessellate the cube so i can then split the cube to create 2 halves separated by a small margin so i can add windows.

Where do I find the tessellation tools ?
thanks
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tessellate, you can either turn your mesh to sds (effect menu in mesh toolbox) or go to face toolbox, select all the faces (Ctrl-a) and use the subdivide tool.

hope this help,

craouette
foff44

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

craouette wrote:
To tessellate, you can either turn your mesh to sds (effect menu in mesh toolbox) or go to face toolbox, select all the faces (Ctrl-a) and use the subdivide tool.

hope this help,

craouette

Thanks for the reply, it wasn't quite what I was after, I did follow your suggestions above and got the tessellations , what I was after was something like a free tessellation option where I could basically draw a line across a face then stop along the face, then change direction and carry on with the line around the box, to give a random shape.
I can give you the link to the video I have been looking at to see what I mean..
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, send me the link please... but may be what you are looking for is the knife tool in the vertex toolbox...

craouette
foff44

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craouette wrote:
yes, send me the link please... but may be what you are looking for is the knife tool in the vertex toolbox...

craouette

Below is the link to the video, it is a 4 part series by Gary Miller, but this tutorial shows the action that I would like to try in Albatross.

http://www.geekatplay.com/flvplayer/player.php?pathinfo=hexgeryscifi2

I tried the knife tool but not sure how to use it yet, so am not sure if it will do what I need, I will let you know how I go..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> How To All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: