Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

Renderers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
achilles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Renderers Reply with quote

I would ask to the author which is, for him, the best rendering engine to use with Albatross and why.
Thanks.
Achille
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internal one of course!!! Very Happy
It is a raytracer, a fast one, with more powerful materials every day...

No, I have no personnal preferences... In fact, they are all interfaced throught scripts. It is then possible to enhance the integration of a given external renderer quite easily (in fact, the internal renderer is also using script for its interface with the modeling program!!). If you have some missing functionnalities for a given rendering program, just let me know...
And if you find a good rendering program, it is always possible to create a set of scripts for it...

Craouette
achilles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatross is growing and becoming a little complicated, exspecially on the materials side.
I'll like to see a tutorial on this and a good manual for the entire program.
I tryied to use the darktree textures to build materials, but sometimes Albatross crashes and sometimes the result isn't so good. Isn't it possible to implement internal procedural materials?
The Node based procedural textures promise well, but witout manuals for me is difficult to use.
Do exist others darktree textures than the ones of the installation?
Bye and thanks.
Achille

P.S. I send you the minidump by e-mail
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Albatross is growing and becoming a little complicated, especially on the materials side.

Not that much... every channel can be a fix colour, a texture (if uv is defined on the mesh) or a procedural texture...

Quote:

I'll like to see a tutorial on this and a good manual for the entire program.

I will do. but before, I want to implement ramp (as a forth option for every channel) and node based procedural texture...

Quote:

I tried to use the darktree textures to build materials, but sometimes Albatross crashes and sometimes the result isn't so good. Isn't it possible to implement internal procedural materials?

There is the scripted ones, and I will add the node based one...

Quote:

The Node based procedural textures promise well, but without manuals for me is difficult to use.

This one should should not be visible... sorry! it is planed, but not yet implemented...

Quote:

Do exist others darktree textures than the ones of the installation?

Yes, there is a lot of them: In the Options->preferences->Dark tree you will find the web site to download all the free ones...
achilles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I'll see to experiment and wait for next release, but as every graphic program has its approach it's difficult to understand it without a guide.
Another thing: can you name the views like most of other 3d programs, i.e. Top, Left, Right and so on. With Albatross everytime i've to realize from which point of view i'm looking the scene (+ y - y and so on)!
Have you planned to improve the animation side of Albatross?
Thank you.
Achille
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thank you. I'll see to experiment and wait for next release, but as every graphic program has its approach it's difficult to understand it without a guide.

I will try to write a guide, or may be, videos...

Quote:

Another thing: can you name the views like most of other 3d programs, i.e. Top, Left, Right and so on. With Albatross everytime i've to realize from which point of view i'm looking the scene (+ y - y and so on)!

Ok, will do.

Quote:

Have you planned to improve the animation side of Albatross?

Of course. There is already quite a lot... IK is there and working for example (althoug 3D ik is working well, 2d IK is not, I have to correct it), curves, dopesheet, constraints, user attributes, linked attributes (by a curve or a formula)...

Craouette
[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> How To All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: