Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

Some new works...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Finished Work / Work In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Some new works... Reply with quote

Some new works...

craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work dimitri!!

Have you tried with an area light?

Craouette
Dimitri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre hello... Yes I did try to use area lights but the render times went too much for me... Of course, as you know, I usually use some very delicate aa settings for the final renders and so the render times go unsufferably crazy... Especially when there are blurred reflections in a scene the things become even more difficult... I think that finding a way of producing 'cheap', regarding render times, soft shadows, from point lights (or other single direction light sources), will be a great feature... Imagine the fresnel shadows resulting from the glass like objects in a softened version... they will alter in a most significant way the whole image's feel...

The renders above are tries in product designing (the modelling has been done in Wings)... an area where A3D may have a very effective use in modelling (though A3 still has some important related needs) and in presentation (staging, shading and rendering)... The images above are purely staged, shaded and rendered in A3D... there is no even the slightest after editing (apart from the signature)... Wink Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Finished Work / Work In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: