Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index Forum Albatross 3D Forum
Albatross 3D Users Forums

Albatross 3D Web Site

Register Register 
 Profile Profile    Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages    Log in Log in    Memberlist Memberlist 

Im Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Finished Work / Work In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Im Back Reply with quote

Well I'm back, and it feels so good hehe. So far I've been chin deep in school. Then right after school, met up with an individual thus, leading to business dealing with market research and development (Making a veerrrryy long story short). So far things have been pretty hectic untill recent months. Finally I have have more time on my hands for hobbies and friends.

Right now I'm getting my hands wet with Albatross again. Man how I would of love using this program to model several months ago. Mainly due to the 3D Industry, they pretty much gently inforce you to use other "commercial" programs such as 3DS Max and Lightwave, also Zbrush (with this one company) which was actually pretty cool, cus after using Z for a while I did buy a copy for myself. The only thing that got to me was Lightwave, I know several people that like the program and can do amazing things with it as well, but for a commercial program i ran into alot of bugs with the software that cause the program to terminate. And with 3DS Max, I had no problems with that program. but the only thing was I dont think I would want to swallow that price for myself.

Well, I'm just reintroducing myself with this post and I dont think I could do it without at least another model for the topic of this forum hehe.

craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OmegaUltraus,

Welcome back. Do you have other views of your warior?
Are you faster than before (not sure it is humanly possible...)?
Did you know how to rig and animate (in other softwares)?

craouette
OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Welcome back. Do you have other views of your warior?

here's more screen shots from different angles.

Quote:
Are you faster than before (not sure it is humanly possible...)?

Well, im not faster. I'm actually slower if anything lately on projects that've I've worked on for commercial use. Although, when doodling, I'm actually faster than what I use to be. Like the image above, the doodles lack detail, but non the less they're fun to do.

Quote:
Did you know how to rig and animate (in other softwares)?

Yup, in 3DS Max, Lightwave, and Cinema 4D (this program is what I bought a while back on my own. Though it may be outdated, I love the ease of rendering and animating in this program.)

Lightwave... well it was kinda a hassle to me to rig. Animating the rig worked out quite well, but if you did a bad rig set-up, you can pretty much see the disater in the first moments of key framing. Rigging to me just got kind of irratable though.
There really wasn't a way I could cut throught the time of rigging, To give you an example this is the general process i went through: Set up the skelegons in the modeler. Take the skelegons in the animator, and change them to bones. Make weight maps on the polygons in the modeler. Name each group of weight maps. Take the model into the animator. Set each weight map to a bone. Then turn the bones on, so they can morph the model. Add, null targets to various sets (childrens/ parents) of bones. Turn on Ik on each of the bones that are needed. If everything works well, then you can finally begin to animate.
It's like before you begin animating in lightwave, you need a game plan. After you have a game plan, then you have to follow the plan with out steering off track.

3DS Max was simpler to rig then animate to me altogether, than lightwave. With 3ds Max, it was more of setting the weight maps, then setting the bones to the weight maps. Then you could do a simple, rough animation. Thus, this was nice because you could continue going back to do some fine tuning to the morphs during animation.

Cinema 4D is along the lines of 3ds Max to me when it comes to rigging, but the only thing that makes C4D special to me is that after you make a bone setup inside the mesh. The program had a feature where it would automatically set the weight maps to the bone, in which it seems to do a pretty darn good job to be automated. Then you could jump right into animation.
craouette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool,
Will you be able to test the animation possibilities of Albatross3D then?
Not now, but in something like a month or two, Albatross3D will be ready (I have finish bone, I am currently finishing the IK constraint) for character rigging (with everything like controller, switch from FK to IK, stretchy IK, but not for this release the spline IK constraint).

Have you try what is in the last version?

Craouette
OmegaUltraus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cool,
Will you be able to test the animation possibilities of Albatross3D then?
Not now, but in something like a month or two, Albatross3D will be ready (I have finish bone, I am currently finishing the IK constraint) for character rigging (with everything like controller, switch from FK to IK, stretchy IK, but not for this release the spline IK constraint).

Have you try what is in the last version?

Most definately! I will gladly post some animations of what I can do in A3D. Just let me know when the next build is out. I have yet to truly mess with the current animation tools yet, but I will look over them today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatross 3D Forum Forum Index -> Finished Work / Work In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: